Morning work or bell work is an excellent way to keep your class room in order during the early morning. Have the problems on the board or a worksheet on each desk for the students to complete as they come into the room. Try these for each day of the week:
- Math Monday- put 5 math review problems on the board, give a pretest for new skill
- Talk it Over Tuesday- write famous, interesting quotes on the board for students to edit, allow the students to talk in small groups about a story worksheet
- Wacky Word Wall Wednesday- put 3 of the word wall words in sentences, write definitions for 4 word wall words, create a sentence using as many word wall words as possible
- Think it Through Thursday- write a thought-provoking question on the board for the students to answer, write two riddles on the board for the students to solve
- Fun Friday- allow the students to complete a fun word search, crossword, Sudoku, or a fun activity of their choice!